eFutures ECR Multidisciplinary and Diversity Workshop
The eFutures network would like to invite you to attend a FREE 2-day residential event, giving you an opportunity to help develop and shape your future career. It is aimed at supporting young academics and senior RA’s in the field of electronics. Key figures from industry & EPSRC will also be in attendance.
The workshop will be taking place at Matfen Hall on Thursday 23rd January and Friday 24th January 2020. The event will bring together the ECR community and provide networking opportunities with experts in the field of electronics.
Thursday 23rd January 2020
- EPSRC Presentation - Maryam Crabbe-Mann (General update and advice on applying for EPSRC grants)
- eFutures – Prof Roger Woods (Grant writing skills and sandpit opportunities)
- Speaker – Prof Alan Marshall, University of Liverpool (Skills)
- Speaker - Professor Tim Denison, University of Oxford (How to engage with multidisciplinary colleagues and become successful)
- Expert Panel 1 (Career Development / Multidisciplinary Leadership)
- Speed Networking
- ARM Drinks Reception
Friday 24th January 2020
- Speaker – Prof Merlyne De Souza, University of Sheffield (Diversity and Opportunities in Research)
- Expert Panel 2 (Diversity and Career Progression)
- Networking and Sandpit Groups
- Speaker – Prof Bashir Al-Hashimi, University of Southampton (Managing Expectations and Failures / multidisciplinary engagement and diversity in the research environment)
- Lunch and Networking
Applications must be submitted by Friday 6th December 2019. This event is free to attend, we will provide accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments. Please notify us at least 2 weeks’ in advance if you are unable to attend so we can offer places to others on a waiting list. Non-attendees on the day will be charged at the full delegate rate of £180.00.
All attendees must be members of the eFutures network. It is quick to join so if you are not currently a member, please join here
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact Debbie Wilde on (0191 208 5018) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*ECR Definition - “Early Career Researcher (defined as being within 12 years of obtaining a PhD qualification and with either a fellowship or academic post)” EPSRC, 2017