The eFutures ECR Workshop took place on 31st August - 1st September 2017 at Clare College, Cambridge. This was a free event to all members, fully funded by the EPSRC eFutures Network.
Aims and Objectives of the Workshop
- Training by leading experts and sharing experiences with them
- Bringing ECRs together and networking for a strong UK ECR community
- Discovering opportunities to be a future leader
- Forming working groups for eFutures Sandpit event on 14 December 2017
There were Key Note speakers who presented their experitise in Leadership and Entrepeneurship:
- Dr Matthew Scott, EPSRC - Presentation PDF below
- Prof Steve Furber, University of Manchester - Leadership PDF below
- Bernd Stahl,RRI - ORBIT - Presentation PDF below
- Prof Ian Phillips, Visiting Professor at University of Liverpool - Presentation PDF below, VIDEO, and Index of Talks
- Tony King-Smith, TKS Partnerships (UK) Limited, The ElecTech Council UK - Entrepeneurship PDF below
Thank you to Clare College, University of Cambridge who have helped co-ordinate and host the eFutures Early Careers Workshop.
We would also like to thank Flint Spark Consulting who have helped design and facilitate both days. Craig Smith and David Algeo's PDF slides are included in the list below.
Thank you to Arm who have sponsored the workshop. Please note that Arm will be opening the 2018 roles in mid-September which can be viewed at the website.