eFutures hosted an Early Career Researcher's event at The International Centre for Life, Newcastle upon Tyne on Thursday 14th December 2017 which included the following speakers and discussions:
- eFutures ECR Application Process - EPSRC Basic Guidelines (Dr Holly White)
- Guest Speaker Professor Alex Yakovlev – Leadership and leading on EPSRC Grants
- EPSRC ICT Theme Lead discussions:
- Autonomous Systems, Robotics & Security - Prof Steve Furber (University of Manchester)
- Biomedical Engineering, Comms & IoT - Dr Kianoush Nazarpour (Newcastle University)
- Computing Systems - Prof Alex Yakovlev (Newcastle University)
- Advanced Materials & Manufacturing - Prof Steve Hall (University of Liverpool)
- Networking Lunch
- Sandpit Application Groups & Project Ideas Discussion
- Interaction Discussion & Application Process (Dr Johanna Gascoigne-Owens & Holly White)
ECR delegates were provided with training and advice about the EPSRC grant application process and offered an opportunity to submit sandpit grant proposals to receive a small grant for a seed fund project grant up to £25K.
Deadline for applications is Friday 5th January 2018. Applications will be reviewed using the EPSRC review process, by the eFutures Steering Committee and Newcastle University's Research Funding Team. Successful proposals will be revealed late January 2018.
Below are the presentations from the speakers.